Welcome to the Madison Meditation Circle of Self-Realization Fellowship!
The Madison Meditation Circle is a branch of Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF), a worldwide religious movement with headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
The purpose of SRF is to disseminate a knowledge of definite scientific techniques for attaining direct personal experience of God. Self-Realization Fellowship is dedicated to promoting a greater understanding and harmony among the world’s various religions by teaching the fundamental principle of religion: how to commune personally with God. The prime purpose of SRF Temples, Centers, Meditation Groups and Circles is to bring devotees together to seek God.
The timeless, scientific methods of yoga meditation taught by Paramahansa Yogananda, Author of the spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi, enable one to rediscover, by direct personal experience, the universal consciousness of God that dwells within. Each week, the Madison Meditation Circle of Self-Realization Fellowship meets for inspirational services that focus on meditation and spiritual ideals for everyday living. By applying these principles, you can create a life of lasting happiness and harmony in body, mind, and soul.
Instructions on how to meditate are contained in the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons, which can be obtained from the Mother Center of SRF.
Mahavatar Babaji Commemorative Service from 6:30 - 8:00 PM
Please bring a flower and a donation to this special service Wednesday, July 25
There are two services held each week, and special services at times throughout the year.
The Sunday Morning Meditation Service begin at 8:00 am and concludes at 11:00 am.
- The practice of the energization exercises begins at 8:00 AM
- You may arrive and join the group on the hour at 8:00, 9:00, or 10:00 AM
- You may leave on the hour
- Generally, 40 minute periods of meditation are interspersed with a reading and a chant
The Thursday Evening Readings Service begin at 6:00 PM and concludes at 7:30 PM
- Passages from the scriptural interpretations and other writings of Paramahansa Yogananda are included in the Thursday night service
- The service includes a period of brief meditation and a second period of meditation for one-half hour
The Schedule page lists topics presented at the weekly services